During World War II a remarkable generation of Jamaicans – think future prime minister Michael Manley, Olympian Arthur Wint and Pan-African activist Dudley Thompson – donned the uniforms of the Royal Air Force (RAF), served, and sometimes died, defending the British Empire. And little thanks they got. Continue reading
Ángel Luis Joseph could be in the United States playing major leagues baseball but like other Haitian children, even those born in the Dominican Republic, the government of that country is refusing them citizenship, striking out the 17 year old’s dream for the time being.
Read more: The New York Times
Good racism news! The latest Gallup poll has 75 per cent of white Americans saying their relations with blacks are good. The bad: that leaves 25 per cent who consider them, not good.
Well golly gosh aren’t they lucky, those African-Americans!
Read the rest of this article HERE
A black man is speeding through the streets of Chicago in a luxury car during the early 1900s. He’s stopped by a white cop. The officer, taking in what the ride must have cost, the blonde sitting by the man’s side and the gold-plated dashboard – and getting angrier the more he sees – starts to write out a ticket.
‘How much is this all gonna cost me, boy?’ asks the black man.
‘About 50 of them hard-earned dollars you been making,’ replies the policeman. In those days skilled labour paid less than two dollars a day.
Smiling, the black man takes a huge bank roll from his pocket, peels off a hundred dollar bill and, offering it to the cop, says, ‘Here boy, you pay it. And hold on to the change…’ Putting the car into gear he pecks his blonde companion’s forehead. ‘Cause I’m coming back the same gawddamn way.’